Twilight of the North
Character creation in Twilight of the North follows the normal process for Fate Core.
- Aspects: 5
- Skills: Columns; 20 skill points; skill cap Great (+4)
- Stunts/Refresh: 4 stunts/4 refresh
- Stress: 2 boxes each in Vitality and Spirit
- Aspects: Come up with your character’s high concept and trouble aspects.
- Name: Name your character.
- Phase One: Describe your character’s first adventure.
- Phases Two and Three: Describe how you’ve crossed paths with two other characters.
- Aspects: Write down one aspect for each of these three experiences. Example aspects related to various facets of Middle-earth are given throughout the site on their respective pages, or you can see a compiled list here.
- Skills: Pick and rate your skills.
- Stunts: Pick or invent at least six stunts. Example stunts related to various facets of Middle-earth are given throughout the site on their respective pages, or you can see a compiled list here.
- Dunedain and Dwarves must take at least five (5) stunts (leaving no more than 3 points of Refresh)
- Elves must take at least six (6) stunts (leaving no more than 2 points of Refresh)
- Refresh: Determine how many fate points you start play with.
- Stress and Consequences: Determine how much of a beating your character can take.
- Physical stress is called Vitality
- Mental stress is called Spirit